Monday, June 28, 2010

Betsey Johnson in the House

Yay!!! Yay!!! Yay!!! I found the dress!!! The dress for my brother's wedding!!!

It was after hours and hours of shopping online and Saturday afternoons in Nordstrom, Bloomingdale, Macy's and Neiman Marcus. Surprisingly and ridiculously, I didn't see any eye catching dress. Yes, N.O.N.E!!! Feeling a little depressed and exhausted, I thought maybe I should stick with the jumpsuit, which I purchased from Bluefly, originally for the wedding. But who would had guessed that my fiance and mom didn't think it wowed them. With only 1 week left, so short of time, I wouldn't able to find something to my liking. I hate shopping under time constraint!

As we were heading home from the mall, my fiance suggested to check out the Betsey Johnson store. The mood sort of change, like excitement, new, fresh as I stepped into the store. For years and years, I never ever thought I would shop at a Betsey Johnson boutique because that's so not my style. It's too cute-sy, too colorful, too flowery, too poofy. Well, it won't bite to give it a shot.

My fiance picked out THIS one dress for me. I looked at it thinking that it might work. Not bad! It is a little different from my usual style. Let's try it on. I went into the fitting room with a pair of shoes the saleslady gave me that went well with the dress. I came out, looking in the mirror...then tada...I felt like a PRINCESS! Twirled a couple times and turned around to ask my parent and fiance "What do you think? Is it cute on me? Is it sexy on me? Does it make me fat?" One of the young teenage shoppers turned to me and murmured "You look beautiful!" I smiled cute-sily back at her. Then, I didn't want to take it off!

Just one problem...the price tag is urghhhhhhh...$410. After thought, consideration and reconsideration, I stepped out the shop with a Betsey Johnson in my hand. I have never bought a dress that costs me more than $200...NEVER. This is the FIRST ever in my life! But, I felt good...really good...really really good! I can't wait to WOW people at the wedding!


IMG_4581

Betsey Johnson Evening Ombre Queen Bee Strapless Dress


Frankly, my fiance is good at finding clothes that would look good on me. Maybe that's why most famous designers are male. They know what they want their girls to look like...hahaha

1 comment:

  1. I received quite a bit of compliments on the dress on my brother's wedding night. A few random girls who were relaxing outside the fire ring at the club house (the venue of the ceremony) shouted out to me as I was walking down the staircase to head to the ceremony. "Your dress is sooooooooo cute! You look absolutely gorgeous in it! You have won the best dress of the night!" hahahahahaha. That made my night.

    A week later, after my dad went back to work from his vacation, one of his coworkers told him that she adored my dress.

    Money well spent.

    ReplyDelete